Monday, August 24, 2009

First co-wash and ACV rinse

Here are my thoughts: *i loved the co wash! I liked that my hair didn't go through this stripping and conditioning routine. My scalp and hair still feel clean, and I really enjoyed washing my hair with just conditioner. I will make this a part of my routine. *I'm not so sure how I feel about the ACV rinse. I don't necessarily notice a difference in my hair. I think I may have used too much vinegar. I used about 1/4 cup of vinegar in a little more than 3 cups of water. It seemed to me that the smell lingered after my hair dried. Its not noticeable unless you're all up in my head(is anyone besides my boo is that close they need to back up anyway!). I think that the smell may have stuck a bit cause I treated my hair with Glovers before I co washed.It's probably a combination of Glovers and vinegar. I'm so glad it isn't strong, cause that would be horrible! I won't give up on it yet though. I will try it again. I think it will be particularly good when I put my afro twists back in. *Speaking of afro twists, I read in Naturally Leslie's blog that she had them before. I thought I was the only one who called them afro twists! Lol silly me. I have been wearing them off and on for about 5 years- basically since I went natural. I love them. They are my signature style. *I have decided to try the Crown and Glory technique with my afro twists. I will probably retwist my hair this weekend. My plan was to wear my hair out, but I don't have time to style it every day and I would like to have it in a protective style. Maybe I will just wear it out during holiday breaks. *I tried to post pictures on my blog today but photobucket would not cooperate. So I will try again, probably tomorrow. *I have become a NHJ- natural hair junkie. Its an addiction now. I read about and look at pictures of natural hair all day. That's all for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment