Sunday, August 9, 2009

clean

There is nothing like being enveloped in freshly laundered linen. I just climbed into bed. I'm tired, and its quite pleasing to be laying on clean sheets. I think clean things are underrated. I love clean clothes, clean towels and wash cloths, clean countertops... I particularly enjoy a clean bathroom and kitchen. Hell, I like a clean house. It makes the space seem less chaotic and more inviting. My mom is a bit of a neat freak, so she stayed on me and my sister's case about cleaning up. I didn't get the big deal then, but as an adult I appreciate a clean home a lot more. My mother's meticulousness in part comes from her military background. But for the most part, its genetic. My grandfather is a neat freak as well. He grew up in a pretty gross environment and that caused him to go in the completely opposite direction. I don't blame him. I'm not a neat freak, but I don't like to be in a dirty environment. When things are clean, it makes them more appealing. That goes for people as well. Someone well cleansed would appeal to me more than someone who appeared to be filthy, whether it be externally or internally. I think we all can stand to do a little physical, emotional, mental. And spiritual spring cleaning from time to time. I try to clean up in some way on a regular basis. I know I will never be completely clean, but I can strive to get as close as I can. After all, cleanliness is next to godliness, and I'm all for being next to God.

1 comment:

  1. Ain't that the truth! Thanks Jhavia! I feel like I need to take a bath!!!
    On another note, clutter outside does indeed make the mind fragment.

    ReplyDelete