Thursday, July 30, 2009

walk hard

I walked 4.4 miles yesterday. Believe me, when I set foot out the door it was not my intention to walk that distance. I was trying to walk to the grocery store closest to me. I tried to walk a different way than I usually do and before I knew it, I was at main street, which was way past where I intended to go. I wasn't mad though, a little frustrated because it was hot and humid, but I need the exercise. When I finally made it back home, I was tired but I felt good. I walk pretty fast. Maybe subconsciously I'm trying to overcompensate for the fact that I can't drive. Well, I don't really believe that, but its a good way to transition from walking to driving. I can't drive. It isn't a huge deal to me because driving has never been a priority to me. But now I'm 21, and dammit I need to be able to drive, so my girlfriend is teaching me to drive her car. Which happens to be a stick. It is HARD. Each foot and both hands are active. I'm still trying to get the hang of it. Shit I'm still trying to make it out of first gear smoothly. Poetry, poetry, poetry. Just had to throw that in there.

No comments:

Post a Comment