Tuesday, January 19, 2010

kCurly's Challenge: Week One report

I got into the challenge a little lat, but I started making changes as soon as I decided to participate. Here is what I have done so far I have walked briskly every day...I have no choice. I commute to school on public transportation. The main reason I wanted to commute as opposed to living on campus is to force myself to walk more. I carry around a water bottle with me at all times. The bottle is huge. It is 1.5 liters. I also drink at least 2 glasses of water in addition to this bottle. (It's not even 1 yet and I am about 1/3 done with the bottle.) I take a multivitamin every day I have been snacking on healthy things (I slipped up at a friend's birthday party, but hey=it was a party. I'm back on track.) If I want chocolate, it has to be dark chocolate (since that's actually good for you) I didn't cut out carbs completely, but the carbs I do have are whole grain and I try to balance that with protein and vegetables No soda. Limit juice- if I have juice it is sugar free, 100% juice. Limit alcohol. I'm not a big drinker anyway, bu ti doesn't hurt to have that as a rule. Eat several times a day, consistently Get as much sleep as possible. These are the things I have done so far. This week I plan to step up my exercise game. Also, the only meat I am eating for the next two weeks (at least) is seafood. Tonight when I get home I am going to exercise, then make fish and some kind of vegetable. No bread. I have had enough carbs for the day already. Stay tuned...I am trying to do really well on this challenge, and I want to do it in a HEALTHY way. Next photo update will be at the end of this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment