Monday, April 1, 2013

first.

when you look into my eyes
you should know that i love you.
the windows to my soul are wide open
can't you feel the breeze gently caressing
that dip where jaw line unites with ear?
i profess odes to you in
blinking morse code and
winks that settle on the edges of your periphery
my eyes are never quiet
they set free all the secrets that my lips keep in captivity
i can't stand to look at you because
the sight of you is my undoing
promise-filled teardrops spill from my eyes and
your hands are not there to cushion the impact of their falling
i look down to protect myself
the adoration in my gaze is not reflected in your eyes
i am not sure what it is i see but
it does not look like home.

i am struggling to close eyes that are
filled to the brim and overflowing with love

for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment